Okay, Be Chill

Communications 
Emil’s popcorn grew gross and cold in the bowl on the coffee table. The philodendron, whose pot occupied the most of that surface, flapped a leaf inside the bowl, tossing the chilly, stale puffs onto the floor. One of the ivies that Emil used as sentries then punted each kernel closer and closer to the nearest vent on the floor, but their keeper was too absorbed by the events which unfolded on his small TV.

Hunched in an armchair, he reached for his phone without looking, patting around until he found it.

Opening a text chain, he wrote,

You holding up okay?
Emil

But he couldn’t think of anything else to say.
SUCK MY PEEPEE

The wolves took priority, but once he'd answered Leah's text, he immediately opened up Emil's.

Just found out. Shit's fucked.
You alright? Seems like y'all are in the clear.
Killian

Lucky them.
SUCK MY PEEPEE

Emil blew out a breath he hadn’t realized he’d been holding. He wanted to ask the shifter if he knew any more but decided it too presumptuous. Not all shifters knew each other—there were far too many of them. Plus, this had been a big cat. A jaguar, maybe. He couldn’t really tell from the cobbled-together cell phone footage they aired on TV.

For now, maybe.
But glad you’re okay.
Let me know if you need anything.

He put his phone down. Then immediately picked it back up.

Please ALSO let me know if you plan to skip town or want to lay low or whatever.
Emil

Where the fuck would he find another decent landscaper?

The ivy finally made a shot. The half-puffed kernel clinked into the air vent.

”Could you two act civilized for a minute?!” Emil stared at the offending plants, voice overloud. They quivered. ”We’re in the middle of a crisis. Jeez!”
SUCK MY PEEPEE

He swapped text threads again.

I appreciate it, Emil.
I'm not sure what I'll be doing yet. How bad is it in the city? Are people panicking?
I don't want to skip town, but maybe that's the best thing for a little while...dunno. Still deciding.
Killian

SUCK MY PEEPEE

Emil paused over the phone, biting his lip. The plants had fallen still, faces of some leaves turned toward him, waiting for his attention to wane.

In a less-than-smooth motion, he unfolded himself from his seat and minced across the room to the window facing the street. Sirens blazed in the distance, but he couldn’t see a thing on the ground below. . .Yet?

Nothing yet. I can hear the cops, but they’re far away.

The plants quietly resumed their amusement, trying their luck against his distraction.
SUCK MY PEEPEE

Thanks for reaching out. I'll keep you posted, Emil. Stay safe.
Killian

SUCK MY PEEPEE