Inky Dreams

Southeast Portland 
"Just a few," she said after a few moments. It was more irritating than anything. Thankfully, it wasn't the worse pain she'd ever experienced. She had broken her leg when she was younger, and of course those pesky snake bites were high on the ranking scale.

Slowly, she reached down, lifting the lacy strap of her bralette up further so he could work better. She was sure this was nothing to him, having seen some women ink nearly every inch of their skin - but for Riley - this was a big deal. Especially when she had to move a bra strap out of the way. This was, perhaps, the most skin she'd ever shown in a long, long time.
SUCK MY PEEPEE

Concentrating deeply, silence stretched before them like a yawn. Intent on making every line perfect, it was nearly fifteen minutes before he spoke again, but he picked the conversation back up right where they'd left off. "You work with animals or are you just unlucky?"
SUCK MY PEEPEE

Riley found herself unable to look away from the needle that repeatedly pounded her skin, so when her artist spoke, it took her a moment to look away. She glanced up at him, clearing her throat as she made time to process what was said.

"Both," a small, dry laugh was given. "I’m a vet at the Oregon zoo," she explained. Riley actually liked snakes, even contemplated getting one, but given that she was at that point in her life where she needed a roommate, she figured she’d stick with the dogs. "Have you ever been?"
SUCK MY PEEPEE

"You know I haven't gotten around to it, but I've always wanted to go. My next day off I should head over there and check it out."

Finally he sat back, surveying his work and adding a few finishing touches before he wiped it down completely. ""All done. Go take a look." He motioned to the full body mirror at the edge of his station and waited for her final assessment.
SUCK MY PEEPEE

With time, the needle was starting to become painful. Thankfully, she had something to distract her. Or someone. He was handsome and the way his hair fell into his line of sight as he leaned down to draw another line across her rib cage was kind of... mysterious. Whatever. He looked like a bad boy and she, for whatever reason, was liking that type right now.

Riley let herself be distracted with her wayward thoughts until he spoke again. "You should go. They’ve done a lot with improving enrichment and it’s really been good for the animals." Especially the ones they were rehabilitating and attempting to conserve a species. She slow sat up, feeling a tad bit woozy and took a minute to steady herself. She then stood moving over to the mirror and taking care not to let her bra or shirt touch the tender skin.

Blood was spotting among some of the lines, her skin pink and swollen with irritation but... "It’s perfect," she whispered. She traced the lines with her eyes, taking a minute or two to appreciate the work that was now permanently on her skin before turning back to her artist. "Thank you. What do I owe you?" she asked, knowing if she didn’t ask how she’d forget. Of course, he didn’t seem the type to let people just walk out with a tattoo pro bono.
SUCK MY PEEPEE

"Two-fifty." He replied, quickly gauging out the complexity of the design in his head with the time it'd taken to complete. It was all line work and no color, so he did his best to frame it on the cheaper end of the spectrum, not wanting to gouge her. "And it was my pleasure."

Approaching her again, he was careful to dab the piece clean before wrapping it in plastic. "Leave that on for a few hours. You'll want to keep it moisturized. Clean it with unscented soap and it should heal up nicely." Offering her a smile and a nod, he took of his gloves and headed up towards the register.
SUCK MY PEEPEE