Nine Things & One

Helium House 
@Bones

Here
Hendrix

His bike rumbled like a beast beneath him, the single headlight a fierce, glowing eye in the dark. Hendrix pocketed his phone, his gloved hand returning to the handlebars as he waited for Madeline to venture out.

He'd met her soon after his arrival in Portland, a magnetic drawing of like to like, though he hadn't understood it at the time. She'd played a large role in getting him up to speed on what he was, and it was this haphazard tutelage that made Madeline not just a friend but a mentor too.

Waving when he saw her approach, he held out his extra helmet to her. "Climb aboard, birthday girl." Committed to the theme of the evening, even if it was nine days late and a few dollars short.
SUCK MY PEEPEE

Even upstairs the walls weren't so thick as to keep the rumble of the bike from coming through. Soft and diluted but there all the same, enough for her to turn with her knees on the cushions of the couch to peer through the slats of the blinds just as her phone pinged at her side. Not bothering with a reply, she had just finished tugging on her jacket as she came out, pulling her hair free from the back and making sure her phone was tucked safely away as she grabbed the helmet.

"Don't call me that when we're there because if someone makes it into a thing I'm going to beat you." A first and final warning as she tilted her head back to wiggle a bit and make sure the helmet was on correctly. Swinging one leg round - familiar enough with the whole process by now that there wasn't really any hesitation as she wrapped her arms around his middle.
SUCK MY PEEPEE

He laughed. "God, I hope they do improv. If only I had a power that would force your hand to shoot up when they asked for volunteers." They pulled out of they driveway and he shouted back to her. "I wonder if I have to make your luck good or bad for you to get picked for every audience participation portion of the show?"

Snickering to himself, he stopped only because he was absolutely certain Madeline would throw herself off of his moving bike to spare herself the humiliation of unprompted stage time. They arrived fifteen minutes later. People collected in clusters outside of the building, some smoking, others talking as they waited for their Uber to arrive.

Reaching into the bag on the side of his bike, he pulled out a somewhat disheveled gift box. "C'mon, we aren't going inside until you open it." Inside were her nine things: a ring pop, a tiny rubber bouncy ball, stickers, a lottery scratch off, bed bath and beyond coupons, a yo-yo, a chinese finger trap, a set of temporary tattoos, and a massacred origami swan.
SUCK MY PEEPEE

There was some temptation on the ride there to squeeze as tight as she could just below his ribs. Physical backlash for his teasing - though she wasn't so petty as to risk their safety for it. Content instead to scowl at the back of his helmet and the warped and stretched reflection of herself found there. Easing up bit by bit as they slowed, waiting until he made a full stop to pull off her helmet and run her fingers through her hair to straighten it out.

"You didn't have to get me shit." Knowing saying so wouldn't change a damn thing but feeling obligated to remind him of it. Slow to pull the lid off and laughing to herself as she moved the things inside about one after the other to take each in. "You know, this is perfect - I needed a new duvet cover, no one's ever given me birthday jewelry before, and -" She held up the little sheet of temporary tattoos, the clear protective sheet shining in the overhead of streetlights. "Please tell me this is an IOU?"
SUCK MY PEEPEE

A ramp carpeted in bright purple sat in front of the building like a path to Wonderland. The comedy club had drawn a crowd, and they situated themselves at the back of the entrance line.

"Sure - the catch is that you can only pick from the designs here." He took the temporary tattoo sheet and waved it at her. "But really, how can you go wrong? An angel fish, a moon, a key. Classics." His grin was mischievous and wide, scuffing her upper arm with his fist. "We could go all out and make it a tramp stamp or a face tattoo."
SUCK MY PEEPEE

"I'll take you one step further - hear me out ..." She reached out to snatch the little sheet, crumpling it the slightest bit in the process and ruffling the protective laminate. "I get the key, right here ..." Pushing her hair to the side to point just in front of her ear. "Then you let me do yours - because duh, I'll be a natural, and we can get you a cutesy little lock."

Looking down towards the slight grime of the carpet underfoot, how her boots were well broken in and scuffed at the toes. "Don't make it weird, it's like a best bitch tattoo."
SUCK MY PEEPEE

"Sounds great, though if we wanted to make it really classy you should put the key hole over my belly button." Elbowing his way in front of her, he paid for them both once they reached the door. "Suck it, birthday girl, gotta be faster than that. Now, you gonna let me buy you a drink, too?"

The club was dark save for the electric neon, burning lights painting the walls with swaths of bright color. Hendrix whistled through his teeth. From the amount of hype this place was getting, Helium House was on the fast track for becoming Portland's newest institution. The pair steered themselves towards the bar, wedging out a spot in the corner. "What do you want?"
SUCK MY PEEPEE

It skinned against a nerve but it wasn't intolerable - at least not just yet. A little darker than she would have preferred, a little too noisy but such was the nature of the beast. Nothing that a bit of acclimation, solid company, and one or two rounds couldn't sand down to something far more tolerable. "Please," As if the question itself was an insult as she briefly brushed her hand against his shoulder before settling to his left.

"Surprise me, but make sure my surprise has tequila in it." Comfortable with something routine in the very least.
SUCK MY PEEPEE

"A Blue Moon and a long island iced tea, please." He ordered, shooting her a smug look once the bartender had turned away. That had tequila in it, along with a lot of other things. Swiveling in his seat, he watched the stage for a while, seeing slivers of the illuminated comic through the milling crowd.

She was decent, finishing a successful set on Catholic school girls, having apparently been one herself. Still, she didn't hold his attention as much as his company could. Nudging her with his knee, he turned back to Madeline. "So how've you been? I can't remember the last time we did something like this."
SUCK MY PEEPEE