New Dog, New Tricks

Communications 
following this thread
@bones

Found the girl. Max broke the news to her. Guess the situation's as tidy as it can be. Wanted to let you know.
Shithead

SUCK MY PEEPEE

The text merited stepping to the side of the cement and hugging the nearest building - taking the beat to reread for confirmation. Surprising, really - first that there had been a resolution, then that it had been friendly, and last that the scraps had been tossed down to her after all. Perhaps that made it so that she was far removed from some sort of shifter idol status - but such was life, there were worse types of disappointment one could be.

Nice.
You aren't reading very jazzed about it.

SUCK MY PEEPEE

I'm not overly enthused about the fuck up in the first place, but I'm glad it didn't spiral.
How've you been, Red?
Shithead

SUCK MY PEEPEE

Meh. Can't complain, no additional ass disasters.

SUCK MY PEEPEE

That's good, since your ass is anything but a disaster.
Shithead

SUCK MY PEEPEE

It was like the whole incident had been a stumble coming up a poorly lit set of steps. A sharp jerking shift in priorities - a moment of seriousness and then back to business as usual. Wasn't bad necessarily, made everything feel less disturbed, like they were all settling back into their respective lanes.

Oh, I'm aware - thanks.
How you been, outside the obvious?

SUCK MY PEEPEE

Not bad. Managed to get myself a job. Now I have spending money to come visit you at work properly.
Shithead

SUCK MY PEEPEE

Now you have money would have been good and apt.
What are you doing? You strike me as the guy who asks people who their cable provider is when they just want to grab some eggs and go home.

SUCK MY PEEPEE

I can be annoying on my own time, thanks.
Landscaper at Linden Botanicals. Pays the bills and keeps me fit, that's a win in my book.
Shithead

SUCK MY PEEPEE

I didn't really see you as the flower type, but there you have it.
Seems like a nice little solitary spot after business hours.

Trusting that considering their relative experience she wouldn't need to elaborate any further.
SUCK MY PEEPEE